A Message from the Superintendent
Thanks for stopping by our website. We are very excited about the 2012-13 school year and all of the wonderful things we will achieve.
York Public Schools has a very proud history. Our student achievement scores are consistently well above the state and national averages. Our school improvement initiatives focus on reading and math goals but we offer a well-rounded PreK-12th grade curriculum that has something for everybody. From dual credit college courses to small group instruction to state-of-the-art technology integration that includes ipods, ipads, smartboards, and more; we can meet all of our students' needs.
Some special highlights:
· The Class of 2012 earned over $3 million in scholarship money
· Our scores on the 2012 Nebraska State Standards Assessments (NESA) were very strong:
o Over 83% of our students met/exceeded State Reading Standards while the state’s average was 74.1%
o Over 74% of our students met/exceeded State Math Standards while the state’s average was 58.3%
o Over 79% of our students met/exceeded State Science Standards while the state’s average was 66.7%
· York Middle School will be hosting a Regional Professional Development Conference geared specifically for middle school educators this fall
· York Elementary School continues to emphasize early childhood education with the addition of another pre-school classroom
· York High School students continue to earn college credits during their 11th and 12th grade years as over 820 credits were earned in 2011-12
Please check our website often. We also encourage you to come to a school activity, a "community coffee," or stop by for a lunch in one of our buildings. You can also check us out on Facebook and Twitter.
Click Here for 2012-2013 Superintendent's Goals